Be Part of the First Person Arts Podcast!
Call in your story for special consideration:
- Call 267-989-9155 and follow the prompts.
- You only have 3 minutes to tell your story, including the time to say your name and email (for notification if your story is selected for the podcast). We recommend running a stopwatch so you can keep track of your time.
Record a message for the Podcast intro or outro. Use any of the following scripts:
- My name is ____________________ and you’re listening to the First Person Arts Podcast.
- For more information about StorySlams, the podcast, and how to share your story, go to www[dot]firstpersonarts[dot]org. First Person Arts is a member-supported non-profit organization, so if you enjoyed this podcast, please support First Person Arts by clicking the “Support Us” link on our website.
- Speak slowly and clearly.
- All stories must have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Know your plot points!
- Tell your story from your point of view.
- Your story should be true – or as true as possible.
- Know your first line and last line before you call. Knowing what point A and point Z are will help you.
- You can tell a story about anything your want OR tell a story about the current theme: Transitions.
- Write out your story first or use an outline to help you stay on track.
NOTE: By leaving a message, you allow First Person Arts to use all or part of your story on the podcast series and identify you by the name you use at the start of the recording. Please use a first name only or pseudonym if you want to keep your story anonymous.
- StorySlam: Alter Ego
- Date: October 23, 2018
- Time: 8 PM
- Venue: Fringe Arts Building
- Location: 140 N Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106