Comedic Memoir with Margot Leitman
About the workshop
Have you wanted to start a memoir? Maybe you have already begun but aren’t really sure what your next steps are. In this engaging workshop “Comedic Memoir with Margo Leitman”, you will learn some overall principles of memoir writing:
- the different types of memoir,
- differences between memoirs and an essay collection,
- how to define yourself as a character, the major dramatic question,
- pitch and refine your memoir idea with the group,
- About the publishing process of memoir,
- And leave with ideas of where to begin those important sample chapters.
Refine what’s funny, specific, unique, and timely about your story in this one-session class. You’ll learn some overall principles of memoir writing, pitch and refine your memoir idea with the group, learn the publishing process of memoir, and leave with ideas of where to begin those important sample chapters.
About Margo Leitman
Best Selling Author, storyteller, and teacher, Margot Leitman brings her nationally coveted workshop, Comedic Memoir to First Person Arts. Margot has written for DreamWorks TV, the Hallmark Channel, and the Pixl Network and worked for “This American Life” as the West Coast story scout so we are thrilled to feature her in February. Margot is also the founder of the storytelling program at the Upright Citizen’s Brigade Theatre and is a five-time winner of the Moth Storyslam and a winner of the Moth Grandslam, receiving the first-ever score of a perfect 10. She travels all over the world teaching people to tell their stories.