We want to hear from anyone and everyone that knows our contestants. Are you a Co-Worker? Best Friend? Second Cousin? Ex-lover? Or did you have a transcendent experience watching them tell a story at a Slam? Whoever you are we want your most joyful/hilarious/insane/petrifying story! Post it in the comments section for your chance to win one free ticket to our Summer Grand Slam Competition, July 24th at the Painted Bride. Winners will be chosen on July 19th.
Natala’s Life Story:
Natala Covert is a recent graduate of the University of the Arts, and lives in South Philadelphia with three other beautiful women, two cats and a dog named Scout. She works at the Crane arts building just north of Northern Liberties, and also at Sabrina’s Cafe. She was not expecting to be competing for Best Story Teller of the year, but cannot wait to share her story!
Natala’s Audience Favorite StorySlam: Whoppers (April at L’Etage)
Nightmare scenario: You’ve had a canoe accident on the Delaware followed by a night of excruciating ear pain and blood. Fast forward three weeks, you are now lying on the bathroom floor with your mother’s turkey-baster in your ear while she tries to flush out the remaining bits of decomposing beatle trapped inside!
Storyteller Q and A
1) What was the last thing (contest, competition, etc.) you’ve won? (not counting our StorySlam) I won a scholarship from UARTS to go to Penland School of Crafts in North Carolina, for a two week class two summers ago.
2) The theme is Show and Tell. What was the silliest/best/coolest object you took to Show and Tell in elementary school? Honestly, I can’t remember much of elementary school… I’ve blocked it out.
3) What is unique about your storytelling style? I use my hands A LOT when I tell stories. It’s a nervous thing.
4) Why should your Slam opponents be nervous about competing against you? I am the nervous one, not my opponents.
5) Boring question double header- where do you live (neighborhood or town) and how old are you? I live in South Philly, and I’m almost 23.