We want to hear from anyone and everyone that knows our contestants. Are you a Co-Worker? Best Friend? Second Cousin? Ex-lover? Or did you have a transcendent experience watching them tell a story at a Slam? Whoever you are we want your most joyful/hilarious/insane/petrifying story! Post it in the comments section for your chance to win one free ticket to our Summer Grand Slam Competition, July 24th at the Painted Bride. Winners will be chosen on July 19th.This contest is now closed but keep reading about our storytellers! See who won here.
Naomi’s Winning StorySlam: Gifts (March at L’Etage)
After a few too many cocktails, naive Naomi was hoping to bide her holding cell time of 18-24 hours with magazines and some coffee. After a very bumpy night with her guards in Philadelphia’s prison system, she gets herself some justice thanks to her trustworthy cellmate!
Storyteller Q and A
1. What was the last thing (contest, competition, etc.) you’ve won? (not counting our StorySlam) I did win a Halloween Costume contest last year. I was Marilyn Monroe.
2. The theme is Show and Tell. What was the silliest/best/coolest object you took to Show and Tell in elementary school? My “cool” aunt from California sent me a little Cowgirl Outfit, so I wore it to school as my “Show & Tell”. I think it was a Dale Evans Outfit. (And if you know who that is, you might be able to answer the last question too.) This was a LONG time ago, so you know I must have loved that outfit to still remember it.
3. What is unique about your storytelling style? Oh, I don’t know…. so far I’ve managed to avoid peeing and vomiting in my stories.
4. Why should your Slam opponents be nervous about competing against you? Because I have a lot more years of “Showing and Telling” to draw on….
5. Boring question double header- where do you live (neighborhood or town) and how old are you? I live in Germantown. And, lastly…I’d like to refrain from answering that one.