Meet Josh Neufeld Tonight
Josh Neufeld, comix artist extraordinaire, will be talking about the graphic memoir tonight at Warning: Graphic Content. I’m psyched I get to meet the author of A.D. New Orleans After the Deluge. I read the book prepping for tonight and fell in love with the real-life stories of Hurricane Katrina survivors. In 2008 I visited NOLA and was shocked at both how much the city was thriving but how much work still needed to be accomplished post-Katrina. To visit New Orleans is to love New Orleans and I’ve felt a kinship and empathy towards the city ever since.
Here are the things I might talk to Josh about tonight, if I get the chance.
1) His upcoming collaboration with NPR’s “On the Media” co-host Brooke Gladstone. (Their book is tentatively titled The Influencing Machine and it’ll be a comic book about the media.)
2) His trip down to Philly from Brooklyn, where he lives with his wife and daughter.
3) If he’s still in touch with the people featured in A.D. and what they are up to now.
4) How he thinks the situation in New Orleans has improved since the storm and flooding.
5) Did he feel totally cool when MTV’s “Splash Page” blog called A.D. the best nonfiction comic of 2009?
Ok, maybe I’ll save face and refrain from asking him that last one.
Meet Josh, Jamar and Daniel tonight and ask them your own questions at BMFI.