Interim Campaign Manager (Grant Funded)
FPA is requesting submissions from fundraising professionals interested in managing our 15th Anniversary Fundraising Campaign to raise funds needed to support four key areas of organizational growth and development. The 15th Anniversary fundraising goal is $500,000 over two years. The qualified candidate will train FPA board members in fundraising as part of the scope of services.
Reports to: Executive Director
The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to retain a fundraising professional who will:
• Work with current and past members of the FPA Board of Directors on the creation of individual fundraising plans that leverage their assets, and personal and professional networks toward meeting campaign goals and objectives
• Conduct prospect research on FPA’s existing audience/donors
• Integrate all individualized fundraising plans and prospect research into one comprehensive campaign that meets overall goals and objectives
• Manage campaign launch
• Facilitate volunteer fundraising tasks, working in tandem with staff support
• Track and report progress to key stakeholders
• Modify campaign as needed to maximize results
First Person Arts is a nonprofit organization founded in 2000 with the belief that everyone has a story to tell. Our mission is to transform the drama of daily life into memoir and documentary art to foster appreciation for our unique and shared experiences. Our vision is to be a platform for the compelling stories that must be told now.
First Person Arts has a dedicated board of directors. To commemorate the 15th Anniversary, we asked the full board to make “stretch” gifts to the campaign. To date, the overall board giving total is almost double previous years. We anticipate 100% board giving.
In anticipation of the campaign, the board development committee conducted a June board retreat featuring nationally-known fundraising trainer Andy Robinson. Andy trained the board in national fundraising trends and fundraising tasks. Each board member created an individual prospect list from among their personal networks. This training lays the groundwork for the Interim Campaign Manager.
FPA‘s Executive Director has 20+ years of fundraising experience, and dedicates approximately 50% of her time supporting development. FPA is a member of the Tessitura Consortium, giving us access to a sophisticated fundraising tool. FPA conducts its research online, but does not have subscriptions to prospect research tools.
Timing: September 2016 – Winter/Spring 2017. Approximately 20 hours per week. Flexible.
FPA is considering the following timeline for launching the campaign. As part of your response to the RFP, please include feedback on feasibility of the proposed timeline:
• August 2016: RFP Issued.
• August 29,2016: Proposals due.
• September 9, 2016: Selection complete.
• September 2016: Individual meetings with volunteers begin.
• November 2016: Public Announcement of Campaign during 15th Anniversary First Person Arts Festival.
• December 2016: Facilitation of Year-End fundraising efforts with Board of Directors
• January – March, 2017: Special event (s) and other fundraising activities.
• 5+ years experience in all areas of philanthropic support, with special emphasis on major gifts.
• 5+ years experience in Arts & Culture fund development.
• Experienced prospect researcher a must.
• Familiar with MS WORD, Excel, google DOCs required.
• Experience with small to medium arts organizations.
• Experience in board development, professional development, and training.
• Affiliation with AFP a plus.
• Knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
For more information about this RFP and to submit your proposal, contact Jamie J. Brunson at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
First Person Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.