We offer customizable programs that you can bring to your organization, all rooted in the power of storytelling, to empower individuals, build community, and open up dialogue around meaningful issues. For more information or to schedule an event, contact Jen Cleary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-402-2056.
Below are examples of past events. Each format can be customized to meet your organization’s specific needs.
Our most popular program, StorySlams are fun and spontaneous events where participants tell true 5-minute stories on stage inspired by a selected theme. A Slam adds a personal touch to your conference, fundraiser, staff retreat, reunion, or orientation.
- 1.5 hour event
- Audience size varies: up to 10 storytellers perform their stories
- Previous Themes: After Hours, Daily Grind, Firsts
- Previous clients include the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Longwood Gardens, the Free Library of Philadelphia, Temple Institute on Disabilities, and the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
Develop first person stories with First Person Arts’ professionals and present those tales for an invited audience. This process is designed to share personal stories in an accessible and empowering way. Story Circles create connections within your neighborhood association, cultural organization, class, board, or staff.
- 8-10 participants
- Stories are developed with FPA professional story coaches
- Previous topics: immigration, cultural identity, religion, neighborhood development, and family.
- Previous clients include the Philadelphia Museum of Art and Philadelphia Academies
Transform your community’s stories into a professional performance developed by experienced artists and presented for a public audience.
- 45-60 minute performance
- 9-12 month preparation time
- Previous clients include the City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program, Curtis Institute for the Performing Arts, City of Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual DisAbilities, and National Museum of American Jewish History
- Commonspace LIVE: Targeted
- Date: May 26, 2017
- Time: Doors at 7PM, Show at 8PM
- Venue: FringeArts Theater
- Location: 140 N. Columbus Blvd. at Race St., Philadelphia
- Pitch! Commonspace Audition
- Date: May 27, 2017
- Time: 1-4PM
- Venue: William way LGBTQ Community Center
- Location: 1315 Spruce St., Philadelphia